- 1 large (250g) of cooked and drained beetroot
- 2 eggs or flax eggs substitute
- 35g of organic salted butter
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 150-200g of coconut sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 80-100g of green banana flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 flat tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of NOX15
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquified
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 160°C. Cut the peeled beetroot in pieces and cook it until soft. While the beetroot is boiling add 2 pods of cardamon, 2 tablespoon of coconut sugar and 1 cinnamon stick. Once the beetroot is fully cooked remove each piece from the pan and smash with a fork.
In a bowl, add the fork-mashed beetroot, egg, butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and mix it well. Then add the banana flour, baking powder and mix it well. In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients of the topping thoroughly.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.