Contributor: Bianca Slade
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 6-8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raw macadamias
- 1 tablespoon of NOX15
- 1 heaped teaspoon 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup or honey
Line a square 20cm glass container with baking paper overhanging the sides for easy removal.
Place the icing ingredients into your processor and pulse until the mixture is well combined and relatively smooth. You may need to scrape the mixture onto the blades and pulse a few times to achieve the desired consistency. Remove from the processor and set aside.
Place the cake ingredients into your processor and pulse until completely broken down and sticking together. Press the mixture firmly into your prepared glass container. Spoon the icing over the cake and level the top. Place in the fridge to set.
Notes: The cake slices can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer up to 3 months; and served straight from the fridge or freezer, it will not be stable at room temperature.
Slice. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.